2nd Annual Sioux Empire Paddlers Poker Paddle 2017
Sioux Empire Paddlers are hosting their Second Annual Poker Paddle to help raise funds for our nonprofit organization. This will be a fun event for the whole family. Prizes for winners of the Poker Paddle and for the person that cleans the most trash out of the river.
SIGN UP HERE
We will not except registration the day of the event.
2nd Annual Sioux Empire Paddlers Poker Paddle 2017 Rules/Regulations:
1. June 17, 2017 2:00PM-5:00PM (come early if you need a shuttle)
2. Event will start at Farmfield Canoe/Kayak launch on the Big Sioux River (near 57th and Western Ave in Sioux Falls South Dakota).
3. Registration, shuttling, signing of the waivers and picking up your first card will be from 10:30 am to 1:45 pm. (participants under 18 will need a parent/guardian signature and accompanied by an adult at all times)
4. No shuttles will be made after the event
5. Every participant must sign a waiver in order to participate in event.
6. All paddlers must wear a life jacket at all times on the water.
7. Participants must supply their own watercraft. Rentals available at 605-400-1007, SunNFun and Nyberg’s Ace.
8. Absolutely NO ALCOHOL allowed before event or on the water. (Cold beverages will be offered at the award ceremony at Falls Landing Downtown.)
9. Participants may use kayaks, canoes, and stand up paddleboards.
10. Paddlers will get in the water at 2:00 pm to start the poker paddle.
11. Each paddler will start with one card at the beginning. From there you will pick up three other cards at random checkpoints along the Big Sioux River, and at the end, you will receive your last card. The night before we will randomly draw a card as the winning card. We will open the envelope at the end (Falls Landing Bar and Restaurant) to announce the winning cards. The person with that card in hand will be announced the winner of the 2nd Annual Poker Paddle and be awarded the grand prize and a plaque. We will also be doing a cleanup competition. The person that end with the most trash picked up from the river wins a prize and plaque.
12. Event will end at Falls Landing Downtown Sioux Falls (Between 6th and 8th Street)
13. Cost is $25.00 for nonmembers and $15.00 for Sioux Empire Paddlers Members. “no refunds”
(Registration must be made online; Sioux Empire Paddlers will not accept payment or registration at the event)
14. RAIN OUT DATE (lightening or severe weather):June 24, 2016
15. HAVE FUN
1st place Prize 45 RTIC cooler, two 32oz RTIC Sports bottle, 20oz RTIC water bottle and a 2nd Annual Poker Paddle plaque (winning card will be randomly drawn and put in an envelope the night before)
2nd place will be a $100.00 Gift Card to Nyberg’s Ace and a plaque. Most trash picked up!
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If an ADA accommodation is needed, please contact Mitchell at 605-759-5665
To Become a Sioux Empire Paddler member go to http://siouxempirepaddlers.org/membership/
Become a Sioux Empire Paddler Member Today!
We now offer an easy 12 month payment plan for lifetime memberships!
|Lifetime Memberships Payment Plan|