Sioux Empire Paddlers (Formerly known as Sioux Falls Whitewater Park) is hosting a Poker Paddle to help raise funds for our Kayaking for Kids, Kayaking for Teens and our paddling education class programs. This will be a fun event for the whole family. Prizes for winner of the Poker Paddle and random giveaway prizes to participants.
1st Annual Sioux Empire Paddlers Poker Paddle Rules:
1. June 11, 2016
2. Event will start at Holly Blvd Canoe/Kayak launch on the Big Sioux River (north of Big Sioux Recreation Area State Park – No park sticker needed) 43.593499, -96.598558. If you have a park pass it’ll free up some parking for those that dont.
3. Registration, shuttling, signing of the waivers and picking up your first card will be from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm (participants under 18 will need a parent/guardian signature and be accompanied by an adult at all times).
4. NOTICE: Every participant must sign a waiver in order to participate in event.
5. All paddlers must wear a life jacket at all times on the water.
6. Participants must supply their own watercraft.
7. Participants may use kayaks, canoes, and stand up paddle boards
8. Paddlers will get in the water at 1:00 pm to start the poker paddle.
9. Each paddler will start with one card at the beginning. From there you will pick up 3 other cards at random checkpoints along the Big Sioux River, and at the end you will receive your last card. The night before we will randomly draw two cards as the winning cards. We will open the envelope at the end (Grandview Kayak Launch) to announce the two winning cards. The two people with those cards in hand will be announced winners and can accept their grand prize for winning our 1st annual poker paddle.
10. Event will end at Grandview Canoe/Kayak Launch (272nd street – 140th Street Northeast of Lake Alvin) 43.448428, -96.602318 .
11. Event should take about 3-4 hours.
12. We will also draw random participant’s names for our prizes we have accumulated from local business. Prizes will be listed randomly on our Facebook Event Page.
13. Cost is $25.00 for nonmembers and $15.00 for members of Sioux Empire Paddlers (Formerly known as Sioux Falls Whitewater Park).
14. RAIN OUT DATE: June 18, 2016
15. HAVE FUN
Winners: there will be two winners at the end 1st place and 2nd place. The two winners will win a plaque for the event, free admission to the 2nd annual poker paddle in 2017 and get first choice to pick a prize from the prize table.
After 1st place and 2nd place pick their prize we will then continue to draw names of the Poker Paddle participants to pick from the prize table. We will pick names until all prizes are gone. We have over 100 prizes to chose from!!
For more details and to sign up go to: http://
Email us at email@example.com
To Become a Sioux Empire Paddler member go to: http://siouxempirepaddlers.org/membership/